Yesterday while preparing to register my car, I remembered one tip I learned as a young lad and it has been helpful ever since. At the time it was very California-centric, but it's likely the same bureaucracy has now reached much of the world.
The subject is how to all but guarantee that your car will pass a smog-check inspection in order to get registered at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). While young and poor, sometimes you may need another month or two to scrape up enough cash to get your car tuned up. This tip can give you some breathing room. Assuming of course, that the car is in running condition and not having major problems, billowing smoke etc.
The tip is to let your tank empty, then fill up completely with the EC (Emission Control) Unleaded at an Arco station. It is also one of cheapest gasoline stations too, so savings all around. So get that car tuned up ASAP, use EC gas, save money, reduce your negative effects on the environment, and feel good about it.
Stuff No One Told Me (but I learned anyway)If you haven't seen it before, there is a great blog called Stuff No One Told Me, where artist Alex Noriega shares his lessons in life in cartoon form. Great work and highly recommended.
More tips from the Reddit CommunityFinally, we again draw on the collective wisdom of the Reddit Community. A few favorites highlighted below:
- The List of Real Life Cheat Codes
- Walk on the sides of stairs to avoid/reduce creaks.
- If you find yourself running late for work, pick up some donuts or breakfast burritos. Then you're not the guy who's late, you're the guy who brought breakfast! //Whataburger
- Never bring anything in to work. That way, when you leave (ie, earlier
than usual) it doesn't look like you're leaving for the day.
- Everything you've learned in life. In five words.
- "Have a backup plan, bitch!"
- Don't be afraid to fail.
- Never promise crazy a baby.
- No sex in Champagne Room.
- Can you recommend some good sex music?
- Can't believe Sade was so low on the page.
- Massive Attack, +1.
- Al Green, Marvin Gaye, etc.