From Lifehacker, a favorite:
- Here is a stroke of brilliance: Attach binder clips to the rear edge of a desk to prevent
falling cables. On the bottom is a shot of an alternate version, for the
small clips and/or when the desk is too thick.
- Helpful Tips on Power Napping (Cliff Notes):
- You don't have to actually fall asleep to nap – it's enough to drift off to a half-sleep state.
- Even if it normally takes you 30+ minutes to fall asleep, you can benefit from 20 minute power naps. First, learn what you're aiming for, for example by using something like Pzizz Then, practice reproducing that feeling – plan for a few months before you get good at it.
- Don't over-sleep when power-napping, it will only make you feel groggy.
- I don't eat many Cheetos, but the idea of using chopsticks could
be useful for eating anything messy.
Youtube:How to close a back of chips without a clip or tie. Check out the related how-to videos as well.
On Self Defense
From Reddit:What are your best lifehacks? Selected favorites:
- If you are charged with
writing a lengthy research paper, find one very solid source that
directly pertains to your thesis, and then you can use that source's
bibliography to back into locating new sources.
AKA, "Raping the Bibliography"
- Putting my clothes in my closet
with the hangers reversed once a year. As I pull clothes out, I reverse
the hanger. Every year I give away any clothes that I never took out.
Great Idea. Remember Goodwill.
- Cut negative people out of your life.
- To talk to people all you have to do is just ask questions. just let them talk.
- Pressing your tongue against the roof
of your mouth cures brainfreeze.
I tried this one, it worked a bit.
- rediscovered the fun (and benefits) of walking to the office. I'm lucky my office is 2 miles from home.
Here's one of my own:
- If the buttons are backward, you're wearing women's clothes.
(reverse if female of course).